Friday, October 16, 2009

Why does this always happen to me

On the corner of the street, waiting for you
Standing in the rain cause you want to meet, should have thought it through
What will I say, hope I don't make a fool of myself
Should have brought a gift, where are you? I heard you say twelve
Find a pen in my pocket and a notepad in my bag
Maybe I should write a poem, damn the paper is starting to sag
Minutes pass by, on my last line, the sky isn't clearing anytime soon
Where can you be? it's half an hour pass noon
I sit and wait until I receive a text from you
It says you can't come, you made a mistake and your sorry too
Read it twice and once more to make sure
I sink low, sick of this feeling, where is the cure?
All I can think is why again?
Soaked in despair, drenched in hate
Submerged in sadness and drowning in pain
My heart is the one to blame, last time, won't happen again
I Rip it from it's veins, tear it vessels, out blood flies
I Fall to my knees, and cry from my eyes
Scream my lungs dead while yelling to the skies
This is the only way to set myself free
...Why does this always happen to me?








1 comment: