Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Guess

I look back at the kid I once was, a dreamer an outkast
Well I still am and it will stay like that, makes me better I guess
It brings out the real me, the one for who I really am
We go hand in hand, like fishes to the ocean
When I am alone it puts me at ease, not a care in the world
But lately it's been different, I guess it's me turning old
New traits have been added, new paths to follow
New ways of thinking, Less Daydreams and not as mellow
I do more around the house putting all childish things to a corner
I slowly kiss 'em goodbye as my heart slowly morns 'em
By passing day I grow more wiser and more artificial
I don't want to let go, don't want to say bye, emotions become sacrificial
On rides that lead back home
My sister asks me what wrong george? I tell her I don't know
I look distracted yet I don't have any thought on my brain
The times where there is thought, my composure I try to maintain
I try to bring back that kid with the things that satisfied the thirst
Nothing can revive the old mind, forever immersed
In a box I call memories until the I am more aged
They will be revived but it just wouldn't be the same
Now it's time to look on the bright-side of this change
I will be more focused on how I want my life to be arranged
My main goal would be to provided for wife and kids
Be the the father that mine failed to be, run smooth with my wife without any skids
Live good, live with no remorse, nothing but peace
until my time comes to a stop, my time to cease
I will whisper my last words to my wife, goodbye my love
Last flashes of life and thoughts on this poem I wrote of
So I looked at the good and the bad of this change
Can't say it's bad, can't complain
Can't say it will happen maybe it's a request
Just being the daydreamer & outkast I am I guess







2 comments:

  1. wow
    This is the best you've ever written
    This really touched me because we are both at the age where we need to start being more careful with out decisions because it seems like every little thing we do is affecting us greatly.
    Even though I've been working since I was 15 and doing me
    I still was just a child and
    I kinda don't wanna move on into the real world
    But we have to.
    So this I feel really worded my exact emotions..
    Your the best..
    as usual lol
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea we gotta get old even if we don't want too.
    Thank you .

    ReplyDelete